MA Program in International Relations & Cultural Diplomacy
The Degree is offered by the Babes-Bolyai University in partnership with the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy
(Berlin; Start: Fall Semester - Berlin, October 1st, 2014)
To apply, please click http://www.culturaldiplomacy.d…_application-form_ccds_ma
The MA Degree in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy is offered by the Babes-Bolyai University in partnership with the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy.
The program consists of 120 ECTS credits in total and has a duration of four semesters, which take place in both Berlin, Germany and Cluj, Romania. The first two semesters of the program are hosted by the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy in Berlin and the third and the forth semesters are hosted by the Babes-Bolyai University.
The degree focuses on several academic disciplines related to International Relations, International Economics, and Global Politics, with a particular emphasis on Cultural Diplomacy and its historical and contemporary application in the public sector, private sector and civil society. The degree prepares students for careers in diverse fields, such as the field of international relations, the humanities, politics, and culture, with a special focus on cultural diplomacy institutions and the application of Cultural Diplomacy in the framework of foreign policy and international economics.
Main Benefits of the Program
The main benefits of MA program are:
• The program offers students a core curriculum of International Relations, which will prepare the student for a vast array of career opportunities across the world.
• Students will have access to an expert faculty with experience in international politics and diplomacy, and will acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work in a complex global order.
• Students will obtain an expertise in cultural diplomacy which is currently a rare yet rapidly increasing and important field within the public sector, private sector and civil society.
• Students of program will be significantly advantaged in the political arena against students who simply obtain an MA in international relations.
• During the “Professional Training” semester of the MA students will be able to create and implement their own programs of cultural diplomacy and experience how the knowledge they have gained can be effectively applied in the professional world. This also provides the relevant professional experience and contacts that can assist students in preparing for their future careers.
• Graduates will discover that the curriculum and faculty prepare them for evolving careers in academia and all public and private international sectors.
• Access to all ICD events and programs around the world, providing students with access to prominent experts in the field including various Heads of State, Ministers, and CEOs.
The Master’s Degree is awarded by Babeş-Bolyai University, which is recognized as a fully accredited institution of higher education with the right to award university degrees. Babeş-Bolyai University is part of the Bologna Process set in place by the European Commission, and uses the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) to award degrees. Credits obtained through our MA program are equivalent to those of courses at universities in all other 30+ signatory countries. Students will earn 30 credits per semester during our MA program, for a total of 120 credits upon completion.
Scholarships, equaling up to 10% deduction of tuition costs are available for students based on educational excellence and/ or financial need. Although each scholarship request will be evaluated on an individual basis, students are expected to have an above-average grade point of 4.5 (of 5.0) in order to qualify for a grant. The Financial Aid application is a two-step process; Students interested in applying for a scholarship are required to submit their initial aid application request as soon as they have formally applied to the program, completed the first step of the application, and have been accepted into the program. Scholarships are then determined for the second and 4th semesters.
Dates & Deadlines:
The Semesters of the Academic Year 2014/2015 will take place in the following locations and dates:
• The first semester will take place in Berlin between the dates of October 01st - December 19th, 2014
• The second semester will take place in Berlin between the dates of February 17th - May 9th, 2015
• The third semester will take place in Cluj between the dates of October01st, 2015 - December 19th, 2015
• The forth semester will take place in Cluj between the dates of February 16th - May 8th, 2015
The deadline for admissions is April 15th, 2014. Students who have submitted their applications in full by April 15th, 2014 will be eligible for an interview. Applicants will be notified of the admission committee's decision within a period of 7 days following the interview.
* Current undergraduate students (who are due to graduate in the summer of 2014) are able to submit an application and participate in the pre-enrollment process, by submitting a confirmation of their current studies and their transcripts.
The required tuition fee for the MA in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy is €12,000 for the full program (€6,000 per academic Year).
For more information please click
For further enquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org